Alcoholic Beverages on University Property 

The use or possession of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited on all University property, except in the residences of the President and Chancellors and in designated facilities, and for single events or reoccurring similar events where the sale, use or possession of alcohol may be allowed by appropriate University approval, subject to all legal requirements.

The department or organization making a request to use alcoholic beverages on the MU campus must submit a University of Missouri Request to Use Alcoholic Beverages on University Property form to Event Services/Operations, at least one week prior to the date of intended use.

If permission to sell alcohol is being requested, this also requires a state liquor license. In those cases, at least two weeks is needed.


Campus Facilities Customer Service Request
Campus Facilities services diverse needs across campus, including maintenance, custodial, event setup and sign production among many others. To request service, please visit the Customer Service Request page.

For political campaigning, leafleting, signs or displays on gamedays, you must complete and return the Gameday Distribution Form.

The University of Missouri-Columbia, which houses the state of Missouri’s film office, understands the importance of the film industry to the state’s economy.  If film and video producers, directors and their crew wish to use University property to produce films, television shows (including series and documentaries) movies, commercials, and other media, the University will make its decision based on the procedures and criteria outline in the request form.

Property Registration
By registering your property you increase your chances of getting your property back if it is lost or stolen. You can register your electronic property (cell phone, laptop(s), tablets, etc), bicycles, or any other valuable property with a serial number. Bicycle Registration meets the City of Columbia Ordinance.

The use of sound amplification devices in buildings, on the campus, or on any site of the University, whether owned by the University or under its control, is not allowed unless a permit for the use is obtained. This policy applies to all University of Missouri employees, students, University affiliates, contractors, and visitors.

Street Use Closure Form
If your organization’s event takes up space on city or campus roads, you will need to file a street closing form.Forms are available in the Org office or here. All street closure request should be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the date of the event.

Temporary Use of Facilities
MU Operations handles the scheduling of some outside facilities. Please visit MU Reservations and Events website to make your request.